Thursday, April 9, 2009

ugh!!

Ever since having my third child, my life has been out of control in one way or another. There just never seems to be enough of me to go around. I can never get anything done because someone is always needing something and I am the go-to person in our house. I kinda feel like I am in a never ending game of Tetris (yes I am that old) where as soon as I figure out how to make the pieces fit, new pieces start falling from the sky faster and faster until they all end up in a big messy pile. I'm sure there are moms out there that can handle 3 kids with ease and grace, but I'm not one of them. Someone always needs more of me than I have to give at the moment, and someone is always left out.

I was under the false impression that once I got my kids weaned, out of diapers and in school they wouldn't need me as much. I have found that reality is quite the opposite and my mind is full of worry over whatever issues my kids are dealing with at the moment. The thing that sucks the most about all of this is that my dear (no) sweet (eh) loving (Bleh) husband is totally unburdened by all of this. How is it possible that we live in the same house, produced the same offspring, and I am the only one losing sleep over my 8yr old's conduct grades, my 5 yr old's broken arm or the ever increasing possibility of my 2 year falling into our unattended pool??? Clearly the benefits of being a man extend beyond the ability to pee standing up!!!

No comments: