Thursday, May 21, 2009

When I say "Tball" you say "Hell"

"Tball" "Hell" "Tball" "Hell"
I'm sure what I'm about to write means I am a bad mom, but it wouldn't be the first time.

I hate Tball. I don't just dislike it, I hate it. It is hilarious to watch, 4 and 5 year old running around on the field, fighting over the ball, picking flowers, doing cartwheels, etc., but, it is just another "fun" extra curricular full of politics and despicable grown up behavior.

When my husband volunteered to coach this season, I knew it would be a huge commitment, but I had no idea what we were getting ourselves into. There are coaches in our league who have been caught cheating, CHEATING in tball. Oh, don't worry, they won't be allowed to coach next year, their reign of terror on the Tball field will end with this year's playoffs.

I'm not even going to go into the politics of how the teams are picked, especially after my husband made the mistake of pointing it out to the league president. I am still talking about a program for 4 and 5 year olds, just in case you forgot how ridiculous this all is.

I have even stooped to offering to sign my 5 year old up for drum lessons if he'd just agree to not play anymore, no takers.

Don't get me wrong, I like to watch my kid play, but the adults around me totally suck the fun out of it. Thankfully we lost our last play-off game (don't get me started on the ridiculousness of tball playoffs) last night, so our season is over........except that it really isn't. I happen to have some inside information about the fact that we have another 2 weeks of even higher stakes tball coming up. A good mom would be happy about that, right? What's the appropriate response?
"Tball" "Hell", "Tball" "Hell"!!!

2 comments:

Stacey said...

So the little guy made the all-start team? You are right - it is ultra competitive and will make you sick to your stomach. Have fun!!!

monkey girl said...

Soccer is the same thing.

My youngest was one of those kids picking flowers in the fields.

All the coaches were men, and our town was so small the teams were co-ed, so the coaches were really only interested in teaching/coaching the boys, not the girls.

By the time my oldest was is 4th or 5th grade she couldn't take it anymore and switched to tennis.

She's on her high school tennis team and loving it. Definitely a smart move.