Wednesday, June 17, 2009

part 2

Scroll down if you missed the first part of this little story (I'm too lazy to put the link in here).

About an hour after my response to Principal Bitchface I received a phone call from her. She was full of apologies and started saying something about how God was giving her her "come uppence".

Gotta love the way some people throw God around. No you moron, I'm sure your God was dealing with real problems while he let you muddle around in your own stupidity. I'm sorry but being too stupid to use email does not equal God.....

She promised that she would only give me good reviews from here on out and that if she had a position at her school she would hire me on the spot....

(thanks but I think I'll pass).

I was too nice, I even felt bad for her being so stupid, I should have jumped at the chance to say a few things to her, but I didn't and now the opportunity has passed.
I did end up getting an interview from the principal who may or may not have gotten an earful about how much I suck. It was for a first grade position which isn't my first choice. Though I probably would have taken it to be close to my own kids. A week after that interview I finally received this email.

I am so sorry that it has taken so long to get back with you about the first grade position at our school. We had a long list of applicants and we wanted to make sure that we allowed everyone an opportunity to meet with us. We want you to know that we enjoyed meeting with you and were very impressed with all that you have to offer. It is obvious that you are passionate about teaching children and making a difference in their lives. However, we have decided to offer the position to another applicant at this time. We would like to keep your application on file for future reference should we have another position come available.
We wish you the best of luck in your search for a new teaching position. You are an amazing applicant and will be a definite asset to the school you choose to team with. If I can ever be of any assistance to you, please do not hesitate to contact me.
Take care-


Depressing, right? I know it is a form letter, but really I would much rather be a "sucky person who has no business around small children" over an "amazing applicant" that just wasn't good enough for them. Who writes this bs, I mean really? I'm not completely sure that this was a legitimate job offer to begin with. It very well could have been a c.y.a interview to help out Principal Bitchface since she had gotten herself in a bit of a pickle with the illegal job reference and all.......who knows?

Stay tuned for more. There is a happy ending

of course "happy" is extremely dependant on where I happen to fall on the hormone spectrum on any given day.

No comments: