Saturday, January 10, 2009

Pieces of Heaven

Though I don't believe in heaven, I think I may have found something close to it right here in Houston. I recently took my family to the chocolate bar. No it isn't a new place, I'm just slow on the uptake. I have heard about this place through the grapevine for a few years now, but boredom finally motivated me to make the drive to see what it was all about.

When you walk in, the smell sends you into an olfactory overload, and once you recover from that you may need to take a seat once you see all the glorious treats awaiting your perusal. Between the 5 of us we tried the espresso ice cream, night and day ice cream and the creamy dreamy truffle ice cream. This stuff is so rich, the smallest size was plenty. I also had a toffee coffee, a milk chocolate cinnamon toast crunch cluster and some chocolate covered popcorn.

I am, by no means, a candy snob. My favorite candy is Milk Duds, not exactly something to go bragging about to any foodie friends, but if I had to choose between never experiencing the chocolate bar again and losing the ability to reach orgasm, I would, at the very least, have to weigh my options.

No comments: